Creamy spinach with fried egg
This creamy spinach with fried egg is one of the easiest, most nutritious Romanian recipes that you can make rapidly, with a few simple ingredients. As Romanians, we enjoy eating a lot of meat (add some garlic sauce, and it’s happiness supreme), but taking a break from meat is a good idea from time to time.
This dish comes as a good excuse to eat some greens, but since spinach is a bit dull, we add – guess what – lots of garlic! And always, a fried egg on top. Make it runny, so you can dip bread into both the creamy spinach and the egg yolk.
I used frozen spinach for this recipe. The best way the preserve the nutrients of the spinach is to steam it, instead of boiling it. Bring some water to a boil in a pot, then steam the spinach using a sieve placed over the pot with the boiling water. The sieve shouldn’t touch the water.
Meanwhile, sauté some garlic in a bit of butter and oil, buy ambien us pharmacy then add the spinach, some cream, salt, pepper, and that’s it. Fry an egg, with or without oil, and there you have it – a nourishing lunch or dinner ready in no time. Don’t forget to toast some bread and dip it in the egg yolk and the spinach. Yum!
For 2 servings
500 g frozen spinach
3 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon oil
2 tablespoons cooking cream
Salt and pepper to taste
2 eggs + oil to fry the eggs
- Thaw the spinach using a sieve over a pot of boiling water. Make sure the water doesn’t touch the sieve.
- Separately, in a pan, heat the butter with the oil and sauté the garlic for 1 minute.
- Add the spinach and stir until any liquid is evaporated.
- Add the cooking cream, salt and pepper, and mix for a minute or two, until the flavors are combined.
- Fry two eggs, then add salt and pepper on top.
- Place the spinach in two bowls and put one egg on top of each portion.
- Serve with toast.