Tuna salad with sweet corn and mayonnaise
I’ve discovered this tuna salad with sweet corn and mayonnaise at a local restaurant where we recently ate, and I simply loved it! It’s a simple recipe that you can quickly make for lunch, dinner, and especially if you have guests over.
The salad is prepared with canned tuna, canned sweet corn, red onions and mayonnaise. Adding capers or chopped gherkins gives this salad that hint of sour freshness which goes so well with fish.
The best way to eat this tuna salad is by spreading it on some crunchy toast. Don’t forget to add lots of lemon juice to the salad. You can also sprinkle some chopped parsley on top, for an extra dose of vitamin C.
This salad is surely best with a homemade mayonnaise, but if you don’t want to waste any time making your own mayo, choose a good-quality one and just add it to the bowl with the rest of the ingredients. This recipe only calls for mixing a few ingredients, but the result is so yummy that you’ll want to make it over and over again.
This salad is best served cold, so it would be a good idea to store it in the fridge for at least one hour after you’ve prepared, so that all the flavors can become friends with each other (this is a Romanian expression, but it sounds nice in English as well.:))
350 g canned tuna, drained
150 g sweet canned corn
1 red onion
2 tablespoons capers or chopped gherkins
150 g mayonnaise
Juice from 1 lemon
Salt and pepper
- Make sure your tuna is completely drained of the liquid in the can.
- In a bowl, add the tuna and use a fork to break it up into smaller pieces.
- Add the sweet canned corn, the finely chopped onion, the capers or chopped gherkins and mix with a spoon.
- Finally, add the mayonnaise, juice from ½ lemon (add more if you like it more sour), salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the salad to the fridge and leave it to cool for at least an hour.
- Decorate the salad with fresh lemon slices, parsley leaves and capers.
- Serve on warm toast.
YUM!! So good. I have to make this salad again. It’s really good. Especially on good quality bread.
I wanted to eat it without bread, but it’s impossible! It’s amazing on warm toast, yum!