Mushroom Stew – Tocanita de Ciuperci
This weekend, I was really in the mood for cooking some comfort food, since it rained all Saturday and I was really looking to enjoy a delicious, homemade meal. Besides making the apple and raisins tray cake that I’ve already baked 3 times since the apple season started, I also prepared this mushroom stew, which was amazing with some hot m?m?lig? (the Romanian version of polenta) and some sour cream on the side.
For this mushroom stew I used two types of mushrooms: champignons and brown mushrooms. Champignon mushrooms are really easy to find in Romania, but I also wanted to add something new for some extra flavor.
I added a lot of garlic, since its flavor goes amazing with mushrooms, and topped everything with chopped dill. To get a creamy sauce, I used a teaspoon of flour mixed with milk and added the mixture to the sautéed mushrooms.
This mushroom stew is perfect with m?m?lig?, but you can also serve it with some rice or as a side dish for a steak. I love the combination of mushrooms with m?m?lig?, and a spoon of cold sour cream with all that garlic flavor will make you ask for portion number 2… or 3.
If you prefer a dairy-free version of this mushroom stew, skip adding the milk and just add water instead. The flour mixture will add some bulk to the stew and give it that creamy consistency of the sauce.
This mushroom stew is really satisfying if eaten warm, with that creamy polenta on the side. It’s a delicious vegetarian recipe, great on a rainy day, or any other day for sure. Mushrooms are nutritious and delicious, so go ahead and make it, I promise it will be ready faster than you can say ‘stew’.
350 g champignon generic ativan online mushrooms
350 g brown mushrooms
1 onion, finely chopped
5 cloves of garlic
3 tablespoons oil
100 ml milk
1 teaspoon flour
1 bunch of dill
Salt and pepper to taste
- Clean the mushrooms, then chop them into medium pieces.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, then heat the oil in the skillet.
- Stir-in the onion and sweat it for 1-2 minutes, then add 3 cloves of garlic and cook them for another 2-3 minutes. Make sure the garlic doesn’t brown.
- Add the mushrooms and cover the skillet with a lid, so that the mushrooms release their juices. Stir occasionally.
- Take the lid off, add the rest of the garlic, mix the milk with the flour and add them to the skillet and stir well.
- Let the mushroom stew simmer until the sauce thickens a bit.
- Add salt and pepper, then turn off the heat and add the chopped dill on top.
Recipe in Romanian – Re?eta în român?
350 g ciuperci champignon
350 g ciuperci brune
1 ceap? tocat? m?runt
5 c??ei de usturoi
3 linguri de ulei
100 ml lapte
1 linguri?? de f?in?
1 leg?tur? de m?rar
Sare ?i piper dup? gust
Mod de preparare
- Cur??a?i ciupercile, apoi t?ia?i-le în buc??i medii.
- Înc?lzi?i o tigaie mare pe foc mediu, apoi încinge?i uleiul în tigaie.
- C?li?i ceapa timp de 1-2 minute, apoi ad?uga?i 3 c??ei de usturoi mai c?li?i înc? 2-3 minute. Asigura?i-v? c? usturoiul nu se arde.
- Ad?uga?i ciupercile ?i acoperi?i tigaia cu un capac, astfel încât ciupercile s?-?i lase sucul. Amesteca?i din când în când.
- Scoate?i capacul, ad?uga?i restul de usturoi, apoi amesteca?i laptele cu f?ina ?i ad?uga?i-le în tigaie. Amesteca?i bine.
- L?sa?i toc?ni?a de ciuperci s? fiarb? pân? când sosul se îngroa?? pu?in.
- Ad?uga?i sare ?i piper, apoi opri?i focul ?i ad?uga?i m?rarul tocat deasupra.