Leek and olive stew
This leek and olive stew is a vegetarian recipe that you can just whip up quickly for lunch or dinner. I wasn’t much into eating meat lately, so I’m constantly looking for ways to include all sorts of veggies in my life.
After watching a TV show where a lady had to cook a meal in 20 minutes that included leeks, olives, peppers and chicken breast (and terribly failed…), I got some inspiration and looked for some online recipes with leeks and olives.
This is how I thought about making this stew, which I couldn’t even think of eating while I was a kid. I must confess that I hated eating vegetables as a child. Peppers, cauliflower, eggplants, zucchini… nope, they were simply not on my list.
Well, times have changed, and now I love veggie stews so much that I make them all the time. I served this dish with warm polenta and a tablespoon of sour cream. I promise that’s the perfect combination. If you don’t want to make polenta, bread is just as good.
So, for this leek and olive stew you’ll only need a few simple buy cipro 250 mg ingredients, but you’ll need to add some spices and let it simmer for a bit on the stove and in the oven, so that all the flavors combine nicely.
Important! Make sure you use an oven-safe pan when you start making this dish.
1 large onion
250 grams black olives
250 ml tomato paste
1/2 cube vegetable bouillon
250 ml hot water
4 tablespoons oil
1 tablespoon sugar
2 bay leaves
Salt and pepper
- Heat the oven at 180°
- After washing the leeks, remove the first layer and discard the green ends. Chop the leeks into pieces of about 2 centimeters.
- Separately, thinly chop the onion.
- In an oven-safe pan, heat the oil and add the chopped leeks and onion, then cook them until they’re soft.
- Dissolve the vegetable bouillon in the hot water. Add it to the pan along with the tomato paste and the black olives.
- After 10 minutes, add the bay leaves, the sugar, salt and pepper.
- Let simmer for a bit, then transfer the pot in the oven and let the stew cook for another 10-15 minutes.
- Serve warm, with polenta and sour cream or fresh bread.